San Jose Country Club offers one of the most beautiful golf courses in the Bay Area with spectacular views overlooking the valley. The Par 70, 18 holes are nestled in the foothills, surrounded by Oak trees offers an amazing private environment for a round of golf.
San Jose Country Club "Rules of Play"
USGA Rules Govern All Play Except As Modified Below
- EMBEDDED BALL: In effect "through the green" Appendix 1.
- GROUND UNDER REPAIR:
- Areas defined by white lines and elements within those areas.
- French Drains in which rocks are visible or evident when probed.
- Sod Seams for lie of ball only. Rule 25-1
- Hillside area right of the 6th green and past the cart path to the 7th tee. Relief is mandatory. As an additional option under Rule 25-1, the ball drop areas may be used. (See #7 Ball Drops)
- DIRT ROADS AND WOOD CHIP AREAS: Played as an integral part of the golf course (other than flower beds containing wood chips).
- OUT OF BOUNDS:
- Inside edge of all boundary fence poles or white posts at ground level.
- Maintenance yard and parking lot as defined by fence or posts.
- Hole #6: White stakes and lower driving range fence.
- Driving Range: Defined by the inside of fence poles with nylon fencing on #4; lower fence poles on #6 and by white stakes behind driving range tee.
- STAKED TREES AND FLOWER BEDS: Interference by flower beds or trees and tree wells which are staked are deemed immovable obstruction from which relief is mandatory. (See #7 Ball Drops)
- PROTECTIVE SCREENS: Are immovable obstructions (2nd; 4th; 5th; 10th; 11th; 13th and 18th tees). Interference by growth adjacent to screens does not constitute interference. Screens adjacent to cart path (but not boundary fence) on Hole #17 are played as part of the cart path. Relief may be taken in a one-step procedure (Rule 24-2).
- BALL DROPS: As an option under Rule 24-2. If interference occurs from the cart paths near the 6th and 18th greens, or the concrete retaining wall behind the 6th green, the ball drop area may be used. When more than one drop area is available, the closest one must be used.
- DISTANCE MEASURING DEVICES: Limited to devices which only have distance measuring capabilities.